Monday 14 May 2012

Meltdown Is Over

I really should believe in myself more.

I wrote my last post as I was desperately trying to put together Chapters 7-9 of my WIP to send to my editor, who has been giving me feedback three chapters at a time. I was feeling pulled in all directions by the daily demands of looking after my tribe combined with my desire to just nail this story, and it felt like nothing was going right.

I had some lovely encouragement from friends, plus some brilliant tips on finding the time to write and juggle your life from the fabulous Maisey Yates. And after a few more days I finally managed to wrestle Chapters 7-9 into submission and emailed them over. I heard back from my editor the next day and I cannot express how relieved I was that she liked them. I still needed to do more revisions, my hero was still not alpha enough, but the bones of the story were there. It's a lot easier to improve what I have than write from scratch.

So all was not lost just because the puppy was peeing over the floor and I couldn't seem to sit down for longer than ten minutes at a time to write. Perspective thankfully returns.

On now to writing the ending, hurray!

4 comments: